Thanks to Possibility Makers, over the last two years, Renee, Susan, Chris, Calvin, Debra, Cindy and over 35 other people from ages 2 to 99 have received assistive technology (AT) through the IPAT Pedaling for Possibilities Fund to help them live fuller, more independent lives. The funds raised, to date, have provided AT such as:
- Hearing aids for someone with severe hearing loss, so she can hear her family again;
- A computer with voice recognition software for someone with MS and no use of her hands, so she can control a computer again;
- A video magnifier for someone who is blind, so she can read items such as her mail, pill bottles or newspaper;
- A tilt mechanism on a power wheelchair for someone with Muscular Dystrophy, so he can independently re-position himself, stay healthy, and in-home care costs;
- Communication software for someone who could not speak, so he can talk with family, friends, and his doctors;
- An iPod Touch with memory apps for someone with short term-memory loss, so she can get through her day without needing to constantly ask for help;
- A stairlift for someone with a severe neuromuscular disorder, so he can independently get out of his home;
- An flashing notification system for someone who is deaf, so she can be alerted to the door bell, phone calls, smoke alarms and bad weather;
- A voice-activated environmental control device for a person with MS, so she can independently control the TV, DVD player, lights, and fan; and
- Over 30 other AT devices for people in 21 counties in ND and Moorhead, Minnesota.
HOWEVER, we had to turn people away this year, so more funds are needed!
This is where you come in. You can help in two ways:
- Pedal on a Bike Team,or
- Push the Button below to donate to the P4P Fund.
Remember technology can make everyone’s lives easier, but for people with disabilities, technology makes things possible!